- I am a sporadic IM’r. At times, I find it incredibly distracting. Twitter is like the lazy-person’s IM. Post if you want to, listen if you want to. Or not.
- The character limit. For SMS of course — but limitations can often nurture creativity.
- Learning things about your pals that you otherwise would never hear. As mundane as they might be.
Half conversations: “@dude55: you are so totally right on, and I believe what you just said was the most poignant, important, compelling sentence that has ever been posted to the internets.” I sure wish I had a friend named dude55.
- It’s lucky enough to have an “e”.
- It’s simple, focused and immediate.
- Because blogging requires too much time and thought.
Yes damnit, I do want to know when you go to bed, or when you’re eating a burrito.