Ethan and I would like to direct our fellow Boston-area compatriots here. And should you join us and other web geeks for beverages and (hopefully) interesting conversation, you will be presented with one of these — a token for future meetups, fife n’ drum battles and other potential Society events.
Archive for April, 2007
- “… is a collaborative weblog for illustrators, artists, cartoonists, and anyone who likes to draw. Visit us daily for a dose of links and creative inspiration.” Inspiring, indeed — and updated often.
- Brand New
- Fascinating re-branding commentary. I’m still sobbing over the terrible DQ update.
- Like It Matters
- Brian Oberkirch on all things social media. Smart dude.
- Flip Flop Flying
- Entertaining and often hilarious weblog of pixel artist Craig Robinson.
- John Allsopp’s weblog covering the world of microformats. See also his newly published book on the same subject. More on this later.
- Animated GIFs group on Virb
- Both Mr. Sims and Mr. Marcotte warned me that I’d get lost in here and kiss the day goodbye. They were right. The ultimate in lo-fi, mashup, “video” goodness.
Admittedly, I loved _all_ the guesses as to the meaning behind the five icons that grace the front of the newly printed Chunky Icons T-Shirt. But we have to choose one. And so, it’s my privilege to crown Cliff as the the winner of a free shirt. His entry #comment4 was as follows:
Modern hieroglyphics which translate roughly to:
‘Silence your cellphone, Dude, or ship out, OK?’
Cliff’s translation can also be a lesson to us all. Congrats!
I’ll also take this opportunity to mention that the shirts are flying off the shelves, and a re-order has already been placed for a second run. If you’ve ordered within the past week, bear with me for a possible slight delay on a few sizes.